Saturday, April 28, 2012

'microsoft windows' scam

Writing this post to warn u guys about the irritating 'microsoft windows' scam.
Have been receiving calls from the so call 'microsoft windows' company from some indians(with very strong indian accent). They told me that they received signal(or wadeva) from my windows that my com is infected with some kinda virus and that it gonna crash my com if i don't do anything about it. So i asked which particular computer in my house that she was referring to and she told me to juz switch on either 1 to check as she guide me through.
As i almost wanted to switch on my com, it suddenly struck me that this might just be a scam so i told her i was busy right now and asked if she could call me back in half an hr.
Immediately after she hung up i searched for microsoft helpline and asked if they had called me regarding this matter. From them that i realised i was not the only one who received such call, and that if i would have followed their instructions, they could have installed some kind of virus into my com and threaten me to pay them to uninstall it (or sth like that if i didnt rmb wrongly).
So anyway the next time they called, i tried to ask for their number and i subsequently provided the number to microsoft and they said they already have the number but can't do anything about it.
Not giving up, they called me times and again altho i told them i had alrdy clarified the matter with microsoft. Even until now they still call me! And everytime they speak in super strong indian accent! So rmb if u rec such call, juz ignore it!!!

2 comments:

  1. eh.. you must speak to them in an Indian accent then they will understand also.. or try shaking your head when u r telling them to shoo off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! They can't see me even if i am shaking my head! lol!

    ReplyDelete